Friday, January 27, 2023

TOD 27/01/2023 Professional Development

 I came to the day hopeful that it would be useful and inspiring and I was not disappointed.

I loved the interactive nature of the day and I learnt a few more strategies that I will definitely be using in Gateway class.

In particular I want to try:

  • the donut activity - choose own partner, inside circle and outside circle, then move around and talk to other partners.  
  • fold in line up - start with a continuum then fold it in.  
  • choose an image that represents how you are feeling at the moment and how you feel at the end of the session.  
  • time circle - continuum 
  • whakatauki - what are your strengths/super powers, what grounds you, what are your goals, who and what supports you 

The activities broke students out of comfort zones but in a safe way.

They encouraged whakawhanaungatanga.  

1 comment:

  1. Nawww... I am thrilled you gained value from today's activities Susan, especially pleased that you will use these interactive, dialogic strategies with your class. I know you are already using 'circle activities' to promote a co-operative, inclusive, culturally safe learning environment for your akonga and are being rewarded by students becoming active, contributive participants in their learning. Haere tonu e hoa!

    ReplyDelete