Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Day 9 External (Internal lol) Recognition



Wow it's been 9 weeks!

I have been frustrated and learnt so much all at the same time!

I think I already had a good knowledge of how digital technologies can have a significant impact on accelerating achievement outcomes but this has certainly been a great reminder for me and cemented that belief. I really want our kids to not be at a disadvantage and to use these technologies to improve their outcomes.

I really enjoyed listening to Dorothy and gaining an understanding of the Manaiakalani pedagogy and kaupapa. The Manaiakalani staff have been so wonderful to listen to and learn from. I love the kaupapa of using digital technologies to enhance teaching and learning and their obvious love for this kaupapa. They were all honestly just lovely and I really look up to them.

I have loved learning new tips and tricks! Even something as simple as Ctrl Shift V has been such a time saver and I'm not kidding! Lots of little things I have learnt have added up to me feeling more digitially fluent. I just feel more confident and have happily learnt some new skills.

One of the highlights for me was seeing how my colleagues in my bubble group are using these things in their classrooms. Our group was just brilliant and so inspiring!

Maria was so supportive and I felt I could ask to share my screen a million times and ask lots of questions and it was still ok!

I did find that the course moved pretty quick for me but I could always ask when I needed more help.

To the Manaiakalani staff and my bubble group - Thank you so much for everything . You really have been a pleasure to work with and I am so grateful for all your knowledge and expertise. It's been truly lovely to get to know you all a little better. I'm particularly grateful to Maria. Maria - all the very best for a lovely holiday with family and some time at the beach where you don't have to organise anyone or anything!







1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Susan,
    Thanks for the way you have given so many new things a go. I agree, it has been a wild ride.
    Merry Christmas to you too!
    Arohanui,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete