Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Day 7 Devices

Had a turn on a chromebook - starting to learn how to use one - the kids have already shown me some things but I'm still not very good at using one.  Was really interesting to learn a few new things.


Had a turn at recording a screencastify.  It is about 4 seconds long and a 'test' one lol.  I would like to be able to do this properly but ran out of time today and once I'd recorded one I couldn't figure out how to get back to the main screen to record again 🙄


my dumb screencastify

Thanks Maria for showing me ctrl K so I could rename my link!


Ok - tried again with Maria's help - this is better and a record of how to do it!!


Am I the only one that thinks that poll thing is cool!!!!??  I want to learn how to use that!  I'm not sure what I'd use it for though.  Unless we go into lockdown again and I can use it for a zoom meeting with my classes maybe.  


I learnt how to mute a tab today!! Thanks Makaore! 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Susan,

    Looks like you had a great second go with your Screencast with Maria. They do feel very awkward when you first start using them, but they are a great tool and one I would highly recommend playing around with and exploring. And you can always delete your recording if it's not how you'd like it to be!
    I've created a screencast for you showing you how to use the polls in a Google Meet. This is it here.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Susan,
    Great to see the learning journey with the first attempt at screencastify and a subsequent screencast.
    Yes! I love that your screencast is a rewindable resource for you to be reminded how to do it.
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete